SEVENTH GENERATION is a Vermont company. Their mission is to inspire a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next seven generations. For more than 27 years they’ve been formulating plant-based products that are safe and that work.
They established the SEVENTH GENERATION FOUNDATION to focus on stewarding social and environmental progress in the communities where we live, work, and do business through education, environmental conservation, research, and advocacy.
During the critically important early childhood years, young Vermonters deserve an environment free from toxins. They support organizations that help create awareness of the need for a toxin-free indoor environment, and support early childhood programs serving newborns through age 5 to create healthy indoor environments through the TOXIN FREE KIDS program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY TO TOXIN FREE KIDS?
We will help early childhood programs serving newborns through age 5 to create safe and healthy indoor environments. Eligible applicants will be:
- Located in Vermont.
- A nonprofit childcare and/or preschool program.
- Participating in STARS, having attained at least one STAR.
WHAT DOES TOXIN FREE KIDS SUPPORT?
We will support projects that create a safe and healthy indoor environment in the areas where children spend their time. Eligible projects will be:
- Requests in the range of $500 – $5,000.
- Completed by June 2018.
- Located where children sleep, eat, play, or learn indoors or outdoors (not administrative areas).
- Projects may be either:
- Facility improvements, such as VOC-free paint, or non-toxic flooring, or
- Equipment or Furnishings, such as VOC-free furniture, or playground equipment.
This funding may not be used for consumable purchases; that is, anything that is used up and purchased again regularly (such as cleaning products, food, and art supplies).