The Building Bright Futures of Southeastern Vermont is one of twelve regional councils that work in conjunctiog with the BBF State Advisory Council. It is currently seeking a part-time Coordinator. This a contract position beginning August 20, 2012 and continuing through June 2013.
The BBF Regional Council Coordinator provides leadership and support to members of the BBF Regional Council. S/He serves as a liaison to the BBF State Council and other BBF regional councils and actively engages and supports activities which promote increased quality in Vermont's early childhood care and education system. This position is responsible for the following duties:
• Participate in regional council coordinator meetings via phone or in person.
o Provides minutes and updates to council members and other community partners in a timely fashion
• Organize and facilitate regional council meetings
o Provides agenda, minutes and supporting documents to council members and other community members in a timely fashion
o Secures meeting space and other materials required to facilitate successful meetings
• Develop and manage budgets
o In collaboration with fiscal agent, oversee the day to day financial responsibilities of the BBF Regional Council in a timely and effective manner
• Provide leadership in organizing, facilitating and supporting the work of the Regional Council including the following:
o Plan and organize events relevant to Regional Council's work plan
o Collaborate with member partners on identified tasks relevant to Regional Council' work plan
• Coordinate and facilitate the work of the council in revising the annual work plan
• Bachelor's degree in an education, health or human service related field required.
• Three to five years in administration or management in health, early care, early education or related field
• Knowledge of the social and economic issues that impact children and families.
• Knowledge of early care, health and education systems at the regional and state levels.
• Experience in strategic planning and evaluation efforts.
• Excellent facilitation, problem-solving and conflict management skills.
• Experience with community and grassroots development.
• Experience in financial organization.
• Excellent written, oral and public communication skills.
Reports to: BBF Regional Council Oversight Committee
To apply, send resume, cover letter and three current references, by July 24th, to:
c/o Windham Child Care Association
130 Birge St
Brattleboro, VT 05301