After attending one of our many trainings, early care and education providers are often excited to apply their new knowledge and implement new classroom activities, but encounter the barriers of time and financial constraints. Shared resource kits containing curriculum, lessons, and other materials can help to increase the depth of learning experiences available to children while freeing early educators from some aspects of lesson-planning or preparing materials.
The kits will contain theme-based:
- Children’s books
- Puzzles, games and other manipulative materials
- Materials to extend imaginative/dramatic play
- Science and math materials
- Curriculum and activity suggestions including art, music, and outdoor play activities •
- Teacher resource materials
Topics will include:
- Parachute Kit
- Water Explorations
- My Five Senses Who am I? Who are you?
- Light and Shadow
- Transit: Things that Go
- Farm Life
- Paper Making Kit
- Woodworking Kit
- Care for Kids from Prevent Child Abuse Vermont
Providers can reserve kits online and they will be delivered via the Early Learning Express bookmobile. Stay tuned, the kits will be available soon!
Thank you to the A.D. Henderson Foundation for support of this project.