There are no current job openings at Windham Child Care Association
Jobs in the Local Early Education Field
Classroom Support – West Bee Nursery School
Candidate must be able to:
- Work as part of the preschool team to provide safe, high quality education and care for preschool children
- To work under the direction of the lead teacher and to give support to other teachers within the setting
- To act as a key person to a child or small group of children.
If interested please call 1 802 257 7155 or email email@example.com for more information
Long-term Sub / Teacher Associate, Preschool – Winston Prouty Center
Seeking an energetic team player to join our program for at least six months! This is a 20 to 30 hours/week position working in one of our preschool classrooms. Level 3 on VT Northern Lights Career Ladder required (CCV Child Care Certificate, Associate’s degree with 21 credits in early childhood, or completed VT Child Care Registered Apprentice program), and 2 year experience. A commitment to collaboration and learning, a can-do attitude, and a sense of humor are essential.
For more information visit our website at www.winstonprouty.org.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and names of three references to: Human Resources, The Winston Prouty Center, 209 Austine Drive, Brattleboro, VT 05301, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 802-258-2413
Site Directors at Y-ASPIRE at Rockingham Central Elementary School (BF) and Putney Central School
Passionate about helping young people learn, grow and thrive socially, emotionally, academically and physically? Y-ASPIRE (YMCA After-School Program for Inspiration, Recreation and Education) will give you the opportunity to act on that passion in the “out-of-school” hours (afterschool and full days on vacations, holidays, in-service days, etc.). The Site Director develops and leads the Y-ASPIRE curriculum, builds and manages the caring and respectful Y-ASPIRE community, and interacts with all parents on a daily basis. Position Description. For more information: email email@example.com or call our Bellows Falls office (463-4769). To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Assistants at Y-ASPIRE at Academy School
Passionate about helping young people learn, grow and thrive socially, emotionally, academically and physically? Y-ASPIRE (YMCA After-School Program for Inspiration, Recreation and Education) will give you the opportunity to act on that passion in the “out-of-school” hours (afterschool and full days on vacations, holidays, in-service days, etc.). The Program Assistant co-facilitates the Y-ASPIRE curriculum, helps build and manage the caring and respectful Y-ASPIRE community, and supports the Site Director in providing a safe, high-quality program. Teenagers are encouraged to apply. Position Description. For more information: email email@example.com or call our Bellows Falls office (463-4769). To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Infant Toddler Teacher – The Family Garden, Inc.
- Infant/Toddler class with children between 6 weeks to 2 years old
- Supervise and interact with children in all activities
- Maintain varying schedules for all children in the group
- Treat children respectfully, appreciating cultural diversity
- Help children control behavior using a positive, appropriate approach
- Plan and implement multi-age curriculum
- Plan, prepare and care for the environment including daily house keeping tasks
- Maintain observational records and other classroom logs
- Maintain a positive relationship with parents
- This is a very fast paced classroom and you must be motivated and loving!
To qualify, you must have a minimum of 21 credits in Early Childhood Education or an Associate’s Degree in a related field & 12 months experience necessary. Hours are 8:00am-4:30pm Monday- Friday, year-round. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick/personal days.
If you would like to join our caring, supportive environment, please email a letter of interest, resume and three references to Allie at email@example.com
Infant Toddler, Preschool and Sustitute Teachers – Early Education Services
$500 Hiring Bonus! Early Education Services has the following employment opportunities in our Brattleboro and Westminster locations:
- Infant/Toddler Teachers ($12.85 – $14.35 per hour)
- Preschool Teachers ($12.85 – $14.35 per hour)
- Substitute Teachers ($85.00 per day)
Candidates must be emotionally responsive to children, have a solid understanding of child development and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues. Lead Teacher candidates must have supervisory experience. Candidates must have: Associates or Bachelor Degree in ECE/Child Development or a related field with a minimum of 21 related college credits. Send resume, letter of interest, copy of college transcripts, and three written references to: Child Development Manager Early Education Services 130 Birge Street Brattleboro, VT 05301. Screenings will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. EES is part of the Brattleboro School District, offering Early Head Start (birth3) and Head Start (35) services to children and families. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package (including 95% of BC/BS health insurance costs) and ongoing professional development. Early Education Services is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants who could add diversity to our educational community.
Head Teachers – Stratton Child Care
The Head Teacher is responsible for assisting the Childcare Supervisor in overseeing any Caregivers and/or Aides, in the classroom that they are working in, during the time that they are in that room. They are also responsible for addressing concerns of parents and guests, and will work collaboratively with the Childcare supervisor towards a resolution. The Head Teacher must maintain the facility in a healthy and safe working order, while observing all State mandated regulations.
- Fosters communication between parents and caregivers through daily interactions
- Provides classroom activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age group in their childcare room.
- Encourages and assists other staff members as needed with all daily activities, keeping the safety concerns of all children in to consideration at all times.
- Maintain daily care records of children while in a classroom.
- Become familiar and compliant with Vermont State licensing regulations, as applicable to Center Based Care.
- Obtain eighteen hours of training related to childcare, including six hours to meet the basic requirements for specialized child care service.
- Attend weekly meetings with Childcare Supervisor.
- Uphold State Licensing requirements
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
- Follow designated protocol for reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Train and ensure all childcare staff knows all emergency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Childcare Supervisor
- Ensure staff wears designated protective materials and follows procedures as mandated.
Education: Must have at least a Vermont Career Ladder III , or an Associate’s Degree in Human Science, Early Childhood Education or equivalent.
Experience: At least two years of experience working with children grade 3 or younger.
To apply please submit an application on www.stratton.com
Salary Range: $13-$18 per hour based on education and experience.
Last updated: February 6, 2017 / Have a job to post? Send us an email