There are no current job openings at Windham Child Care Association
Jobs in the Local Early Education Field
Child and Adult Care Food Program Specialist – Winston Prouty Center
Are you passionate about healthy food and nutrition for young children? We are looking for an energetic team player to implement and coordinate the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in this region. This position is responsible for providing information about nutrition, child health, feeding practices and the CACFP to participating early care and education programs, as well as maintaining all required program records. Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related field, 3 years professional experience, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and names of three references by April 24, 2017 to: Human Resources, The Winston Prouty Center, 209 Austine Drive, Brattleboro, VT 05301, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 802-258-2413. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
PreKindergarten Teacher – Townshend Elementary School
Seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and motivated PreK teacher for the 2017-18 academic year.
The successful candidate for this position will:
• Hold the appropriate Vermont teacher license with PreK endorsement.
• Possess a strong foundation with the Vermont Early Learning Standards, Licensing Regulations and STARs.
• Possess a strong foundation with Literacy and Math Instruction in the primary grades.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop a program that integrates VELS and Kindergarten Common Core Standards to
effectively meet the differentiated needs of all learners.
• Have knowledge of NGSS and instruction strategies for early grades implementation
• Have the skills necessary to integrate technology into his/her teaching on a daily basis
• Be able to collaborate with colleagues and engage in ongoing vertical teaming that ensures a successful learning progression for all students in our school.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and peers.
• Be able to establish a caring, respectful and engaging learning environment for all.
Please send a letter of interest, resume and three letters of recommendation to:
Deborah M. Leggott, Principal, Townshend Elementary School, Townshend, Vermont 05353, Phone: 802-365-7506, Fax: 802-365-7955, email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Directors at Y-ASPIRE at Rockingham Central Elementary School (BF) and Putney Central School
Passionate about helping young people learn, grow and thrive socially, emotionally, academically and physically? Y-ASPIRE (YMCA After-School Program for Inspiration, Recreation and Education) will give you the opportunity to act on that passion in the “out-of-school” hours (afterschool and full days on vacations, holidays, in-service days, etc.). The Site Director develops and leads the Y-ASPIRE curriculum, builds and manages the caring and respectful Y-ASPIRE community, and interacts with all parents on a daily basis. Position Description. For more information: email email@example.com or call our Bellows Falls office (463-4769). To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Assistants at Y-ASPIRE at Academy School
Passionate about helping young people learn, grow and thrive socially, emotionally, academically and physically? Y-ASPIRE (YMCA After-School Program for Inspiration, Recreation and Education) will give you the opportunity to act on that passion in the “out-of-school” hours (afterschool and full days on vacations, holidays, in-service days, etc.). The Program Assistant co-facilitates the Y-ASPIRE curriculum, helps build and manage the caring and respectful Y-ASPIRE community, and supports the Site Director in providing a safe, high-quality program. Teenagers are encouraged to apply. Position Description. For more information: email email@example.com or call our Bellows Falls office (463-4769). To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infant Toddler, Preschool and Sustitute Teachers – Early Education Services
$500 Hiring Bonus! Early Education Services has the following employment opportunities in our Brattleboro and Westminster locations:
- Infant/Toddler Teachers ($12.85 – $14.35 per hour)
- Preschool Teachers ($12.85 – $14.35 per hour)
- Substitute Teachers ($85.00 per day)
Candidates must be emotionally responsive to children, have a solid understanding of child development and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues. Lead Teacher candidates must have supervisory experience. Candidates must have: Associates or Bachelor Degree in ECE/Child Development or a related field with a minimum of 21 related college credits. Send resume, letter of interest, copy of college transcripts, and three written references to: Child Development Manager Early Education Services 130 Birge Street Brattleboro, VT 05301. Screenings will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. EES is part of the Brattleboro School District, offering Early Head Start (birth3) and Head Start (35) services to children and families. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package (including 95% of BC/BS health insurance costs) and ongoing professional development. Early Education Services is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants who could add diversity to our educational community.
Head Teachers – Stratton Child Care
The Head Teacher is responsible for assisting the Childcare Supervisor in overseeing any Caregivers and/or Aides, in the classroom that they are working in, during the time that they are in that room. They are also responsible for addressing concerns of parents and guests, and will work collaboratively with the Childcare supervisor towards a resolution. The Head Teacher must maintain the facility in a healthy and safe working order, while observing all State mandated regulations.
- Fosters communication between parents and caregivers through daily interactions
- Provides classroom activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age group in their childcare room.
- Encourages and assists other staff members as needed with all daily activities, keeping the safety concerns of all children in to consideration at all times.
- Maintain daily care records of children while in a classroom.
- Become familiar and compliant with Vermont State licensing regulations, as applicable to Center Based Care.
- Obtain eighteen hours of training related to childcare, including six hours to meet the basic requirements for specialized child care service.
- Attend weekly meetings with Childcare Supervisor.
- Uphold State Licensing requirements
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
- Follow designated protocol for reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Train and ensure all childcare staff knows all emergency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Childcare Supervisor
- Ensure staff wears designated protective materials and follows procedures as mandated.
Education: Must have at least a Vermont Career Ladder III , or an Associate’s Degree in Human Science, Early Childhood Education or equivalent.
Experience: At least two years of experience working with children grade 3 or younger.
To apply please submit an application on www.stratton.com
Salary Range: $13-$18 per hour based on education and experience.
Last updated: February 6, 2017 / Have a job to post? Send us an email